A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

Baby Bib – Never Again!

I followed the tutorial at Crazy Mom Quilts very loosely for this bib. By loosely, I mean that I didn’t realize I should have just stippled the pieces in recentangle format, then cut out of the pattern. I, of course, did it the hard way – cut the pieces of the pattern, then stippled. And I decided not to make a snap for the neck – I just wanted a tie back.

Then came the binding…using 1/4″ premade binding (too lazy to attempt to make some, plus not sure what fabric I would have used). See “Death by Pins” below…

Then came time to put on the binding around the inner neck – what a disaster! This is the reason I won’t be doing this again – at least, not in this manner. I couldn’t get it to go on straight, I kept missing the fabric w/my stitches, etc. etc. WAY TOO much work for such a little bib. I think I like the idea of turning the fabrics, and just using a snap/velcro to keep the ends together. You could still stipple after turning the fabric…

Final result – pretty decent stipple (but it is really small, so that’s why I think it works). Two sided – notice the yucky dimply curved inner binding, contrasting nicely with the pretty outside binding.

*sigh* I just love that airplane fabric though :)

Leave a Reply