I feel like I’ve been on a bit of a Tula Pink bender lately – fabric and pattern. So I think these are my last Tula projects for a bit – but she is a tempting mistress, so I know I’ll be back (besides, I still have a Neptune quilt top to finish up, some Prince Charming to continue to play with, and Birds & Bees that will probably turn into a Space Dust quilt).
But at long last, I finished binding the Flutterby quilt for our bed, and am loving it! I used Hobbs Tuscany wool batting, and I think it shows off Margaret’s quilting so nicely! Also, it breathes really well, and should work for both summer AND winter in SoCal. The quilt, combined with the viewfinder-covered cedar chest, really pop off our dark gray walls in the bedroom. I’m using the Sherbet quilt as an attempt to keep the fur children off the Flutterby quilt, and it seems to be working. I also made pillowcases with some Flutterby yardage I’ve managed to procure from Etsy. I actually have another set that’s been in use for a few months now, also using some Flutterby yardage.
I also made a banner for Kit’s room using Tula’s Modern Alphabet pattern. The original pattern blocks finish at 8”, so I reduced the measurements to get 4” blocks, with 1” sashing between each letter. I outline quilted inside & outside each letter.
The E is a little funky on the end, so I did quilt the inside in an E shape. I machine bound the banner with my favorite print from Daisy Jane’s Shades of Gray line.
Eventually, I may actually make the Modern Alphabet quilt as intended, but for now, I might be a little obsessed with half-size name banners. They are such a fun way to use up scraps!
Anyway, onwards & upwards! My next sewing forays are probably going to involve Anna Maria Horner, specifically the Pretty-as-a-Picture Dress from her Handmade Beginnings book. I have some Lizzy House Guising fabrics purchased for a Halloween dress, and some Laurie Wisbrun Brrr fabrics for a Christmas dress.