The 6 month update of my 30 Before 30 list:
- Visit a National Park – I’m thinking this one.
- Finish the bedroom quilt.
TOP IS DONE! And I sent it to Margaret for quilting, now just to hand-stitch the binding to the back. Here’s a sneak peak of the quilting:
- Remodel my doll house.
Pretty sure this isn’t going to happen, but I think I have a replacement planned.
- See if there is any type of Indian cuisine I can handle.
- Visit at least 1 friend that doesn’t live in LA or Nebraska.
See #16, we headed to the East Coast to see our friends Will & Karla in Maryland, and cruised with our Connecticut friends Jason & Christina!
- Learn how to crochet something that doesn’t look like this.
(that’s supposed to be a granny square – it’s lopsided, and not quite right)
- Run a 5K. Run…not walk.
- Blog at least 5x/month.
a quick check of the left sidebar shows this is happening (mostly)
- Finish my Disneyland perpetual calendar.
- Use power tools!
Yep, blogged about the litter box hider box here.
- Wine tasting at the random winery in downtown LA.
I thought it was great, so I sent my mom & stepdad up there a couple of weeks ago when they visited… and they didn’t have a good time. No one came to give the tour for them!
- Send out thank you notes.
- Do something completely spontaneous & last minute, and drive my anal-retentive planning self NUTS! Note to self: must enlist Steve’s help for this one!
- Send birthday cards to family & friends ON TIME. Which means I need to get a birthday card sent to my mom ASAP.
I’m not doing too bad in this endeavor…I think…
- Drink 2 big bottles/cups of water each day.
Yes, big improvements made here!
- Hawaii? Bermuda?
- Take a cruise, even if just the booze cruise…with friends!
- Easy camping on Catalina – and I will not die this time! (see #20…and #7 for reasons I may have died last time)
I’m definitely counting the crazy hiking
- Add something spectacular to the photo wall. (see #1 and #16 – identified opportunities)
I did order a 5″x15″ fotoflot of this:
From Australia 2011
- Bump up my exercise routine to 3x/week.
- Fit back into my skinny jeans.
- More roller derby!
Went to Long Beach roller derby in May, and I’ve decided I need high caliber roller derby, and LB wasn’t cuttin’ it… back to the Doll Factory.
- And speaking of roller skates – I need to go roller skating again!
- Two words: Hollywood Bowl.
We’ve seen Star Wars in Concert and Hairspray (with the world’s biggest Nick Jonas fan, I might add) this summer!
- Shakespeare by the Sea.
We went with our friend Scott to see Much Ado About Nothing
- Cinespia Cemetery Screening.
By all reports, this now sucks because they sell the tickets online which sell out super fast and there’s a DJ, and it’s lost some of its charm. So I’m writing it off and substituting the Walt Disney Concert Hall – I just bought tickets to see Pink Martini on New Year’s Eve (also my anniversary), so I’m heading in the right direction!
- Find my signature baked good (Steve thinks this is already my apple pie, but I want it to be something that I can whip up quickly to bring over to gatherings).
Maybe this is just pie crust?? I make a damn good pie crust, if I do say so myself!
- Use up some of my fabric stash – the Style Stitches challenge should be instrumental in achieving that goal!
Um, yeah… not doing so well on this one, lol, I’ve added a few things instead of using it up!
- Do something for charity – not sure what, but I’m definitely feeling selfish!
Steve and I are sponsoring one of his soccer kids for the all-star team. I’ve met the kid and his mom, and they’re both awesome people. I can imagine being a single mom of 3 kids is very tough, so hopefully we’re easing that small burden for her.
- Make sure to remember to enjoy the beach – because why else would I be living where I live??
I’m awful. We’ve been to the beach once this year. I actually do want to go see the grunion run sometime – maybe in February???